The Cashier shall be responsible for controlling cash flow in the restaurant.
· Ensure all bills are handed in and settled by waitrons / customers.
· Communicate in a positive, professional style
· Develop positive relationships with customers and co-workers
· Promote continuous customer centric culture and values thus maintaining high standards of customer service.
· Check bills to see if the correct amount has been displayed to be presented to customers
· Inform customers about available modes of payments
· Record totaled amounts, including expenses in restaurant’s database
· Maintain record of monetary/payment activities
· Ensure security and confidentiality of information
· Ensure no cash is disbursed without authorization.
· Submit all daily collection to the manager.
· Conduct proper handover before leaving shift.
· Count cash in the cash register at the end of each shift and ensure that it tallies
· Calculate total payments received during a time period, and reconcile this with total sales
· Report any customer concerns to the management.
· Maintain cleanliness and neatness at the workstation.
· Take care of company equipment and tools
· Performing any other duties as assigned from time to time.
· At least CPA II from a recognized institution
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Accounting software
· KCSE grade C (Plain) or its equivalent; and
· Two (2) years of restaurant service experience in similar capacity
· 2 years’ experience in cash management
· Good book keeping skills.
· Must be willing to work on shifts, weekends and holidays
· Good organizational skills
· Excellent communication skills
· High level of honesty and integrity
· Certificate of good conduct
How To Apply
Applicants who meet the above are required to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org “Cashier” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please Note: We do not charge for interviews or placements.